Freedom Nevada is a grassroots campaign to win marriage in the Silver State.
- The campaign is being formed in anticipation of an expected 2016 ballot measure on marriage and comes as a high-profile court case on marriage is advancing rapidly through the judicial system.
- Freedom Nevada is a campaign to share stories and foster conversation – showing that every gay and lesbian person is part of someone’s family and should be treated with compassion and respect. It’s is a public discussion about freedom and liberty.
- This campaign is an opportunity to consider new information and perhaps reconsider old ideas. It is about opening hearts and minds throughout our state.
- A lot of information about the legal rights can be found here.
- This effort was founded by ACLU, ACLU of Nevada, Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada, Freedom to Marry and the Human Rights Campaign with the support and leadership of countless local businesses, clergy and community organizations.