Go Get Married, Nevada!
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has struck down Nevada’s marriage ban—and now, across the state, loving same-sex couples can finally share in the freedom to marry.
The state of Nevada has cleared the way for marriages to begin at soon as Thursday, October 9th. Find your County Clerks office below, but be sure to call ahead as each office may begin issuing licenses at different times.
County Clerks Offices
|Carson City||885 E. Musser St, Suite 1025
Carson City, NV. 89701-4475
|Churchill County||155 N. Taylor St., Suite 110
Fallon, NV. 89406-2748
|Clark County Clerk Main Office||200 Lewis Avenue. 5th Floor
Las Vegas, NV. 89155-1604
|Clark County Recorder||500 S. Grand Central Parkway
Las Vegas, NV. 89155
|Douglas County||1594 Esmeralda St.
Minden, NV. 89423-0218
|Elko County||571 Idaho St. 3rd Floor
Elko, NV. 89801-3700
|Esmeralda County||P.O. Box 547
Goldfield, NV. 89013-0547
|Eureka County||P.O. Box 677
Eureka, NV. 89316-0677
|Humboldt County||50 W. 5th St., #207
Winnemucca, NV. 89445-3199
|Lander County||315 S. Humboldt St.
Battle Mountain, NV. 89820-9998
|Lincoln County||1 North Maine St.
P.O. Box 90
Pioche, NV. 89043-0090
|Lyon County||27 South Main St.
Yerington, NV. 89447-0816
|Mineral County||105 South “A” St., Suite 1
Hawthorne, NV. 89415-1450
|Nye County||101 Radar Road
P.O. Box 1031
Tonopah, NV. 89049-1031
|Nye County Recorder||101 Radar Road
P.O Box 1111
Tonopah, NV. 89049
|Pershing County||400 Main St.
P.O. Box 820
Lovelock, NV. 89419-0820
|Storey County||County Court House, “B” St, Drawer “D”
Virginia City, NV. 89440-0139
|Washoe County Clerk||1001 E. 9th Street
Building A, 1st Floor
Reno, NV. 89512
|Washoe County Recorder||1001 E. 9th Street
Building A, 1st Floor
Reno, NV. 89512
|White Pine County||801 Clark Street, Suite 4Ely, NV. 89301-0659||775-293-6509|
What do I need to know to marry in Nevada?
Information from the Clark County Clerk’s website:
- To obtain your marriage license, both parties must appear in person before a Clerk at a Clark County Marriage Bureau location.
- Must provide acceptable identification: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/clerk/Documents/Identification%20Requirements.pdf
- Your Marriage License and Certificate will be prepared with your legal nameexactly as it appears on the identification presented. It is your responsibility to present the proper identification to have your name reflected as you desire. For example, if you want your Marriage License and Certificate to reflect your full middle name, the identification you present must contain your full middle name – not an initial.
- No blood test is required.
- A marriage license allows a couple to marry in the state. It is not proof of marriage.
- In the State of Nevada, marriage records are public documents.
- Whoever performs your marriage ceremony has, by law, ten (10) days to submit documentation to the Clark County Recorder’s Office for your marriage to be recorded. Once recorded, you can order a certified marriage certificate online from theRecorder’s Office
- A marriage license is issued the same day a couple applies. There is no waiting period to get married after the marriage license has been issued. Marriage licenses are good for one year from date of issue.
- All U.S. citizensare required to provide their Social Security number on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. You do not need to present your Social Security card. Those applicants not issued a Social Security number by the United States will enter “none” in the appropriate box.
- For non U.S. citizens,some foreign countries require a copy of the marriage license and/or an apostille to register a marriage. It is suggested that non U.S. citizens check with their local officials for special documents needed to ensure their marriage is recognized in their country.
- If your home government authorities require a copy of themarriage license, you may want to consider purchasing a certified copy of the Affidavit of Issuance of Marriage License when you come to the Marriage License Bureau. This document contains information not listed on the marriage certificate such as parent’s names and parent’s places of birth. Because we do not offer online ordering of documents, it is easier to purchase the affidavit when you are at the Marriage Bureau instead of waiting until you return home.
- For a list of fees and check requirements, please click here: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/clerk/Pages/Fees.aspx
- Online pre-application: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/clerk/Pages/PreApp.aspx
- Searchable list of authorized marriage officiants: http://www.nvsos.gov/MinisterPublicApp/SearchHome.aspx
- List of county clerks: http://www.nvsos.gov/index.aspx?page=163